LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

3 posters

皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you.

皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you. Empty 皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:07 am

Nick: Zellanna, Zella, or mostly Catalyst
    Sex/gender: Female
    Hobbies: Art, mostly.
    Where are you from: California
    How did you find out about LS?: Though Manga Fox
    What made you register on LiVelY sCaNs forum?: I was asked to be a translator.

I am not fluent in any language but English, however I am used to translating and know some of the intricacies of both Chinese and Japanese grammar. I actually have a mother who is from Taiwan, and so was raised around a certain amount of Chinese language (what we call Mandarin, but the Taiwanese call Mother Tongue). Chinese and Japanese ethics and traditions were part of me growing up, so I take to it naturally.

I'm also a mother and wife, so I have been teaching bits of Japanese and Chinese to my husband and my children, and learned more through that. I hope to one day be able to introduce my children to all of the wonderful anime and manga that is out there.
    mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you. Empty Re: 皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you.

Post  mangalover23 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 am

Hi thanks for joining. I welcome you to LiVelY sCaNs. We are a group dedicated to Manga also because we like it. Anyways to find out more about members you can visit the Lively Scans staff lounge and see the Ls-fact file.
    Paradox

皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you. Empty Robin

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 am

What language are you translating if its mandarin I can help you. Both my parents are taiwanese so I'm bilingual. Laughing

皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you. Empty Re: 皆さんどうぞよろしく, pleased to meet all of you.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:07 am

Yes, it's Mandarin. Mom says in Taiwan it's just known as Mother Tongue, and in China... well, it's just the language. lol She doesn't know where the name Mandarin comes from. I used to know it, but as mom was learning more English, she didn't speak Chinese as much, so I didn't either. I forgot a lot of it from there.
    Black_Rabbit
    Black_Rabbit

Post  Black_Rabbit Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 am

Hi and Welcome^^
    I'm a japanese translator here so I won't be able to help you but I can tell you from experience that you'll learn from translating manga, so your chinese will deffinetly improve Wink

And you won't believe just how well a kid can learn a language just by watching tv series/anime without english subtitles...so the sooner you introduce them to anime the better Very Happy

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm

lol I've showed them a little. They love Ryo-oh-ki (Tenchi). They call it that because I have a cabbit plush, so when they were really little, they just wanted to see episodes with her. The problem is the anime I have usually have some sort of adult content that they shouldn't be seeing yet.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Welcome to da club XD. Kippei here Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am