LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com
LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

    Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Share

    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 am

    Hi
    Nick: Lollipop, but call me whatever you want Smile
    Real name: Rachel
    Sex/gender: Female
    Age: 15
    Hobbies: Manga/anime, drawing, writing, horseback riding etc.
    Where are you from: Norway

    And --- I love lollipops <3

    When it comes to manga(etc), I prefer shounen/seinen / psychological/horror/action, but I can read anything. Of course I have some exceptions in my favs ~ they are all not of the genres mentioned. All-time fav is Noblesse, though I've got lots of other favs, like One Piece, Parasyte, Psyren, Wolf Guy: Wolfen Crest etc.
    Also, I stay away from lots of romance/shoujo -- I feel like the plot usually is better in shounen/seinen.

    If there is anything else you wanna know, just ask
    avatar
    Black_Rabbit

    Posts : 374
    Join date : 2011-10-05

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Black_Rabbit on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

    Hello~ welcome to LS Hi

    We mostly do shoujo-ish stuff over here, but we have some other genre too, well obviously lol
    Our tastes in manga seem a bit similar but I've never read any of the manga u mentioned...I just might try them out Very Happy

    Have fun here bye
    avatar
    EragonLegend
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 403
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 20

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  EragonLegend on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

    Welcome to the forum!

    Although we are yet to to be lively, enjoy your stay here. xD
    Yeah, what ^ said is true, although I try to add more shounen projects. >.>
    And same here, I also read a lot of shounen and seinen, but don't like ecchi or explicit content manga.
    mighty
    Anyways, I hope you can be active in this forum. xd
    avatar
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 644
    Join date : 2011-09-18
    Age : 29
    Location : New York

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  mangalover23 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:48 pm

    Welcome to LS Hi
    Enjoy your stay and hopefully you'll be a permanent resient as a member of our team.
    avatar
    RoyalFred

    Posts : 72
    Join date : 2012-02-03

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  RoyalFred on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 pm

    Wow! A fellow Noblesse fan! Finally! Go You
    I hope you will enjoy your stay here.
    I suggest reading Life is Money, Judge or Doubt. These are some highly psychological manga. bye
    avatar
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2011-09-18

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  -Shiro- on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm

    Lollipop ~
    Hi there, you're the new proofreader applicant, right?^^
    Welcome.


    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

    -Shiro- wrote:Lollipop ~
    Hi there, you're the new proofreader applicant, right?^^
    Welcome.


    Yeah ^^, but I'm not too confident in my proofreading-skills, 'cuz I tend to rewrite it in my mind while reading, and end up reading whatever I feel like should stand there Bad Day

    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 pm

    thank you all! Go You
    avatar
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2011-09-18

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  -Shiro- on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

    Lollipop wrote:
    -Shiro- wrote:Lollipop ~
    Hi there, you're the new proofreader applicant, right?^^
    Welcome.


    Yeah ^^, but I'm not too confident in my proofreading-skills, 'cuz I tend to rewrite it in my mind while reading, and end up reading whatever I feel like should stand there Bad Day

    That's part of the proofreader job as well.
    Not rewriting the story but adapting the text to its full potential.
    You know what the characters wants to say, wants to tell others.
    And maybe the translation is okay; but as proofreader, it's good to offer a second solution, either more emotional or more direct, better for the typesetter.

    And your grasp of english is better than some tests I've seen lately.
    So don't worry too much.
    I dunno if Anna told you already; I requested another test from you, a short one. It's me who went through your application.
    In case you want more details, just PM me. Some want them, some don't.

    Anyway, I hope we'll get along ~


    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 pm

    And your grasp of english is better than some tests I've seen lately.
    So don't worry too much.
    I dunno if Anna told you already; I requested another test from you, a short one. It's me who went through your application.
    In case you want more details, just PM me. Some want them, some don't.

    So... then it's you I've gotta hate :p I got the mail just now xD
    avatar
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2011-09-18

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  -Shiro- on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm

    Yep, that's me O.o
    But maybe we can be friends even with this big issue between us?

    I basically think that you're grasp of english is quite good. In comparison with what I've seen so far, superior. But you made a lot of small mistakes, typing mistakes, you missed a few things. It speaks of a bit inexperience.
    You probably rushed through it, right?
    That's not wrong. I do that myself but I want you to do one more test.
    Because I think that you can do better. Your grasp is really good, I got an idea where I could put you, on which projects. But I want some stability in proofreading, so I requested Anna to give you one more chance. I wouldn't want to disqualify you when you appear to have the skill. It's a matter of inexperience, not of ability.

    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 pm

    -Shiro- wrote:Yep, that's me O.o
    But maybe we can be friends even with this big issue between us?

    I basically think that you're grasp of english is quite good. In comparison with what I've seen so far, superior. But you made a lot of small mistakes, typing mistakes, you missed a few things. It speaks of a bit inexperience.
    You probably rushed through it, right?
    That's not wrong. I do that myself but I want you to do one more test.
    Because I think that you can do better. Your grasp is really good, I got an idea where I could put you, on which projects. But I want some stability in proofreading, so I requested Anna to give you one more chance. I wouldn't want to disqualify you when you appear to have the skill. It's a matter of inexperience, not of ability.

    Sure we can be friends
    Yea, I rushed through it - 'cuz I was sleepy, and it was in the middle of the night xD I'm inexperienced, all right - I've never proofread anything before.
    avatar
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2011-09-18

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  -Shiro- on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 pm


    You think anybody has an idea of what they're doing the first time?
    Don't worry.
    And proofreading is something you don't need experience with to be good. That's why I wanna keep you. It's the language skills that matter.
    Please don't disappoint me though ~ otherwise I'll feel like an idiot for sticking up for you XD

    Lollipop

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-18
    Age : 20
    Location : Norway

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Lollipop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

    -Shiro- wrote:
    You think anybody has an idea of what they're doing the first time?
    Don't worry.
    And proofreading is something you don't need experience with to be good. That's why I wanna keep you. It's the language skills that matter.
    Please don't disappoint me though ~ otherwise I'll feel like an idiot for sticking up for you XD


    Hmm... I'll disappoint you Ha lets feel like idiots together
    avatar
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2011-09-18

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  -Shiro- on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:39 pm

    Smile
    I already do most of the time but thanks for appreciating my efforts lol

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yo! I'm new here, so please take care of me ^^,

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:21 pm