LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

5 posters

A LiVelY Tale [Collaboration]

Eternal
    Eternal

A LiVelY Tale [Collaboration] Empty A LiVelY Tale [Collaboration]

Post  Eternal Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 am

As a good number of you already know, were going to initiate this little writing project. Ultimately, this will probably be an incoherent story with little to absolutely no plot, but the intention is just to have a little fun. : D

As mentioned in the title, this will be a collaboration between five of our lively scans members(which is actually the major reason this will spin out of control more quickly than not). Our current participants are: Kyo(Black_Rabbit), Kiya(Kiyiya), Anna(mangalover23), Kaira and myself(Eternal).

The rules we're going to follow are pretty simple:

1) There is no set genre, no set course for the story, no set anything actually so you(our writers) can write anything as long as it's Potential Genius 14. (PG-14 for the mortals).

2) We'll post in turns so everyone gets a shot(I'll add the order at the end of this post). That means that if it isn't your turn to add to the story, don't continue it! You may, however, comment on the latest addition or the story in general.

3) While you can write about anything you want, at least try and make the story transition into your new setting... please...? xD

4) 250 words minimum for each story post. This isn't a lot to ask for actually, and once you start writing you'll see what I mean. There is no word limit either, but as a reminder, remember that the next poster can pretty much just ruin whatever you had going. My advice is to keep it short and entertaining! : D

5) Remember to have fun! Don't stress yourself out and enjoy the madness.

Order of Participation

First up to bat-er write-is no other than, Eternal! (me! : D) I'll be starting this baby up with a random setting.

The follow up will be the one, the only, the amazing Kyo-sama!

And to give the poor fellow a chance, we will be allowing our Kiya to participate! Aren't we nice?

Picking up whatever mess is made and the next writer is the all power ruler of livelyscans, Anna! Also known as bosslady.

Finishing up our group of five is the greenhorn Kaira!

To recap, that's:

1) Eternal
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

2) Kyo

3) Kiya

4) Anna

5) Kaira

Last edited by Eternal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Eternal
    Eternal

A LiVelY Tale [Collaboration] Empty Re: A LiVelY Tale [Collaboration]

Post  Eternal Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 am

A LiVelY Tale - Part 1

The perfect way to begin a legend is to trace back to its roots. Whether those roots be centuries, thousands or even a few years old is completely beside the matter. This is why this story begins so long ago, all the way back to the beginning of time—no wait, that’s a little too far—to the beginning of our hero’s life—yes that’s a lot more appropriate. Our hero, who has chosen to remain nameless throughout the retelling of his journey, was but the son of a humble farmer and his faithful wife.

His mother, a gorgeous woman of much repute, would tend to the watering of their small field. Meanwhile the father, a strong and pure man, known for his valiant efforts in the Celean war, took on the heavier jobs: tilling, fertilizing and planting. Our hero—bless his pure soul—still young and inexperienced, braved the quiet meadows beyond the hills of his beloved home.

The yellow meadows seemed to spread out to an infinite expanse. What was beyond all that yellow delight? It had always crossed the boy’s mind, but he was a smart child that minded and respected his father’s words: “Stay within yelling distance and never follow the shadows.” Our hero had found the warning strange and—out of curiosity of course—chased his own shadow for countless hours, always finding that his efforts would always lead him in the opposite direction of the sun, away from the light.

However, our hero never once strayed out of shouting distance, and just to be certain he would always look to his home. If he could clearly make out the rusty rooster at the top of the silo, he was fine.

Or was he?

(That small post was only 289 words if you're wondering what 250 looks like more or less. You guys can do it! Kyo, you're up next!)
    Black_Rabbit
    Black_Rabbit

Post  Black_Rabbit Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm afraid i went over 250 by a bit (lot), but it was all for the greater good xD

It was a normal day just like any other, and our hero was chasing his own shadow yet again, while keeping an eye out, making sure not to distance himself too much from his home. But right then, when he realized he has wandered far enough and wanted to turn back, he noticed something move in the distance. Curious as he was, he stood there gazing into that direction for a while, but nothing happened. Convinced he had just imagined things he turned around to go back home when he heard something like a voice coming from the opposite direction. He turned around yet again, and noticed a dark silhouette in the far distance.

He knew he shouldn’t wander too far, but this was the first time he had seen anything like it so he decided to take a couple more steps, just to get a better look at it. After all, he was sure, that if he listened and concentrated hard enough, he’d still be able to hear his father’s yelling. Keeping that in mind, he took another step, and another, and another, but no matter how many steps he mad he couldn’t get a better look of whatever was there, until he completely lost sight of it. It was only then, that he realized that he had gone too far and quickly ran back home.

He arrived back home safely and went straight to bed, for it has already gotten late enough and it was time for him to sleep. But as soon as he lay down on his bed and had fallen asleep he was woken up by a loud scream coming from the kitchen. Realizing the one screaming was his mother, he quickly ran down the stairs, only not notice his father, sitting on the ground, next to a black mass of some sort. His father looked up at him with a disappointed look on his face saying “Son, what have you done…”.

Kiyiya
    Kiyiya

Post  Kiyiya Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

The boy looked into his fathers eyes. "Dad, why are you crying? What's going on? Where's mother? What's that black substance on the floor?" Our hero asked allot of questions, but his father didn't answer. No, he didn't answer, he just looked at his son.
    His expression so lifeless, as if he had been robbed of life itself. "Dad, Answer me, where's mother!?" he yelled, with a slight vibration in his oh so scared voice.

The father who had stayed silent all this time suddenly started laughing. What? Dad, why are you laughing? The father once again became silent. ...Father eh, I am not your father, boy...

Dad, what's wrong with you? what are you saying? what do you mean? Why am i not yo- Silent! "Your parents are right here boy, right here~" He said while laughingly looking at the black substance. "........" The boy tried to speak, but no words were able to leave his mouth.

"Little boy, your father's body is a bit uncomfortable... let me try yours." He said while licking his lips. The boy wanted to escape but was too scared to move. his *father* started walking towards him, every second was a step closer to his death. "move legs, MOVE!" he thought, but nothing happened. The boy was petrified, but he didn't give up. He desperatly tried to move, clinging on to whatever hope was left for him. "c'mon, move, I need to find my parents!" he thought to himself. And he succeeded, the boy's body finally responded. He started running as fast as he could.
    "I just know that they're still alive, they can't be dead... they just can't be..."

277 words, have fun anna~

mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Post  mangalover23 Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

The boy then fell to his knees and began to cry. “Why did they disappear like that? What is going on“? He cried out. He let out one last sob and returned to his feet. The boy then looked around and realized that he was in the forest way outside of town. The boy had no food and no money. The only thing that gave him hope was that there was no evidence that his parents were actually dead.

Looking around once more, he realized that this was also the very forest that his parents told him never to venture into. But, by going further into forest he figured he might encounter something that could help solve the mystery behind his parent’s disappearance.

As the boy walked deeper into the forest he began to hear howling noises then screams. The screams stopped but the howling noises grew closer. His knees trembled. The noises grew even closer. Just as he was about to run a hand reached out from behind a bush and covered his mouth. “Shush… stay still.” As the mysterious stranger whispered, a huge beast came sniffing about in the open clearing of the forest. It was like nothing the boy have had seen before. The creature resembled that of a wolf but it was much more. The beast had 3 heads with razor sharp teeth protruding out, its tongue was made up of small creatures, its eyes were big and red, and it had massive muscles. The beast’s skin was covered with fur and had little steel spikes sticking out; it had wings and 8 legs.

The boy began to struggle against the stranger frantically. The creature stopped and looked in their direction. The boy struggled even more flailing his arms causing the bush to rustle. “I told you to shush” the stranger whispered. The creature became more alert of their presence and started to charge in their direction. “Damn you” the stranger yelled as the boy fell from the stranger’s grasp...

(Finally got my part done. I got really into the story and went over a bit.) 334 words, now on to the next person...
    Kaira
    Kaira

Post  Kaira Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 pm

I so messed this up >> Well....Whatever Razz

Looking up the boy saw the beast quickly coming toward him. He tried getting up but couldn’t; the boy was stricken with fear.
    “Get up.”
    “Huh ?”
    “I said get up”, the stranger hissed. “ We don’t have much time.”
    Momentarily shocked the boy realized that the beast was only 10 meters away from them. Scrambling up he tried to run but was stopped.
    “Let go, can’t you see it’s coming ! “, he whispered fiercely.
    “ There’s no way you can outrun a Cerberus. It’ll catch up to you in less then 5 seconds. “
    “ Cerberus ? “
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “ KATARINA, WAKE UP !!!!! “
    Gasping for breath Katerina checked the clock. She still had 30 minutes before she had to go to school.
    What was that ?
    She had been having the same dream over and over again but she had never seen another person. It had usually only been the one boy and after seeing the beast he died. Yet this time – with the entrance of the new character - he still lived.
    That voice sounded so familiar , and Cerberus . Where did I hear that from ?
    Sighing she got ready for school and hurried to the bus stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “ We don’t have time to talk right now. I called the agency and they’ve sent Azreal. He should be here soon with those wings of his. “
    “ Look , he’s already here. “
    “ Wings ? “, the boy said surprised. Looking up he saw something that looked like a giant bird in the sky.
    “ What the hell…”
    ” A century of torture sure has him working harder ”, the stranger said cheerfully.
    What the hell is going on...

288 words ~ I'm so proud. ~
    Eternal
    Eternal

Post  Eternal Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

The stranger took a strong hold of the boy, never once stopping to completely explain what was going on. Things like "where are we going?", "who are you?" and "where's my mom and dad?" seemed to be swallowed by the wind. The boy lost the fight in him when he felt a sharp sting in his arm, like a bee had taken it upon itself to brave the skies and the strange winged creature just to simply silence him.

“Sleep,” was the only word he heard whispered in his ears. And he slept, for or better or worse.

A smooth warm hand brushed the boy's cheek. He opened his eyes, smiling, expecting to see the beautiful face of his mother smiling right back at him. She was not there. Did she already leave? He looked around, focusing on his strange new room. His room was wooden and filled with a great number of toys and trinkets. This room was made of stone and the only furniture apart from the bed was the chair at the foot of his bed. An open book was left on it.

The sound of water begged him to look through the window and when he did, the sea took him by surprise. Never in his life had he seen so much water gathered all in one place. “Imagine all the fish you could catch in there,” he whispered innocently.

“Quite a lot, actually.”

“You're that stranger from before,” the boy replied calmly. Why did he feel so comfortable in a strange room with a person he had never even seen before?

“It seems like the drug hasn't completely worn off yet,” the stranger added quietly. “Take a seat.” The stranger pointed at the bed the boy had risen from and without resistance or the slightest bit of unease, the boy sat down.

“Where am I?” he asked.

“You'll find out soon, when I take you down for breakfast.”

“Breakfast sounds good,” said the boy.

“I'm sure it does,” the stranger said gently. “Before that though, could you tell me what you were doing in my forest all alone?”
    Black_Rabbit
    Black_Rabbit

Post  Black_Rabbit Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

The boy looked up at the stranger "Your forest?" he asked, "I never knew the forest had an owner."

“Well as it happens, it does have an owner, and that would be me. Now will you answer my question or do I need to repeat myself?”

“But my dad said that there is no one else living anywhere near us and…”

The stranger moved closer to the boy and looked at him with his glowing silver eyes “Look,” he said, “we can do this the easy way or the hard way, it’s your choice, but if you won’t answer my question right now, I’m afraid I’ll have to do something rather unpleasant to you. I’ve tried being patient with you but as you can see, you’re trying my patience. There are shadows in my forest, and the way I see it, you’re the one who brought them here, so you better start talking. Who are you, and how did you, a human, manage to get into MY forest?”

The boy was stricken with fear, this person in front of him was clearly not human. In just one day, he saw his parents disappear, had a large monster coming after him and now there’s this guy in front of him, wanting answers which might as well decide his fate.

Just as the boy was about to speak they heard a crash coming from downstairs and a kid came running into the room “Master, master, it’s terrible…the dog…I was about to take it for a walk, but it ran away…and then the shadows came and…and…”

They heard another crash downstairs. “A-ah there’s nothing but trouble today.” Said the stranger, as he walked towards the door. “I’m not done with you yet, you better have some answers ready for me once I come back” he said to our hero as he left the room.
    Kiyiya
    Kiyiya

Post  Kiyiya Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 pm

"Is that him?"

"Is that the one?"

"Are you absolutely certain it's him?

"So be it"

"All shall go according to the Master's wish."

Our hero once again gave in to the luring sounds of the vast sea.
    As he moved towards the window, he started thinking about the current situation.
    "It's big... It's really big... Yet it's so beautiful..."
    "Why... Why did this happen to us..."
    "I didn't ask for much in my life".
    "I just wanted to live happily with my parents".

The boy fell to his knees, despaired, overwhelmed by the negative emotions inside of him.
    The boy, who's emotions started to take control over him, remembered something he was taught by his dear mother.
    A song. One that would take away all the bad emotions.

"Flowers are meant to be beautiful"

"But a Rose's thorn causes pain"

"They smell like the wind"

"Yet they rise from the earth"

"Don't be afraid of the flowers"

"Embrace them while you can"

"But don't forget the thorns"

"Embrace the pain"

"Embrace your hardships"

"Embrace the truth"

"Release your wings"

"And through the night you'll fly"

"So very high into the sky"

The boy gazed through the window. Remembering the song his mother always used to sing.
    It calmed him, but that wouldn't last for long.
    The door opened with a bang. the man, who was seemingly wounded, rushed towards the boy.
    "Boy... there's one thing i must tell you... One word... it's *cough* *cough* very important...
    "what? what word? tell me!"
    "......"
    "Die!!!"

253 words~ have fun, Anna.
    mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Post  mangalover23 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

The boy stood motionless “What do you mean die?!” the boy screeched.

“Hahaha” the stranger laughed “what do you mean by what do I mean?” he roared “I said die” the stranger said with a malice grin. “Now the correct question would be why did I say die? The boy looked at this stranger before him with horror at first he thought he was wounded but it seemed as though it was not his blood.

“Now repeat after me” the stranger said loudly “Why did I say die?” he yelled. “Why did you say die?” the boy mumbled. “Say it louder” the stranger said viciously. “Why did you say die?” the boy screamed. “Good Boy” the stranger said inching ever so closely to the boy. “It’s quite simple, you will die if you do not answer my question” the stranger smiled looking directly into the boy’s eyes. “Why are you in my forest?” the boy trembled, he knew if he did not answer this stranger’s question, he would surely be killed.

“I just traveled here by accident” the boy exhaled. “They were taken by some creature that appeared out of nowhere and possessed my father. Maybe you can help me? You don’t seem to be human.” the boy said somewhat enthusiastically.
    The stranger looked terrified. The boy saw this and began to pace “Do you know anything about this creature?”

“GET OUT!” The stranger yelled. The boy stared at the stranger in horror. “That creature you speak of, is before my time. Nor do I wish to help you.” The boy was stunned at how this strange being could be this frightened. He thought to himself just what am I dealing with...

(This time I wrote my part rather quickly even though I had some difficulties. 281 words) Now on to the next.
    Kaira
    Kaira

Post  Kaira Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 pm

They completely ignored what I wrote. Q . Q

Running out of the house the boy lost his footing and fell.
    “Ow”
    “ Huh ? ”
    Embedded into his cheek was a red stone. Under closer inspection there seemed to be some sort of butterfly in it.
    Where did this come from ?
    Taking the stone he held it up to the sun and tried to see clearer what kind of butterfly it was.
    What the heck …
    The thing in the stone that the boy had thought was butterfly was in actuality a fairy. More specifically a sidhe. The last sighting of one was over a century ago. Which brought up the question, how did the hero come to find one ?
    Looking closer to the stone the boy was able to make out more of the fairies features: short gold hair, a heart shaped face, wings the color of obsidian.
    The fairy looked exactly how his mother described them to him.
    Mother, what happened to you and Father?
    Wiping away a tear the boy heard a rustling noise from the bushes. Spinning around he walked closer to the sound. Getting closer he began to hear something.
    “ Ow, Ow, Ow. “
    “ Hello ? “ , the boy asked.
    ``~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hurrying to the bus stop Katerina rushed by her mother and father.
    “ Have a fun day at school, sweetie. “, her mother called after her.
    “ Yeah, have a nice day at work. “, she called back.
    Opening the door she started running to the stop.
    8:38
    Only 2 more minutes until the bus is here. Better get a move on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm