Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

General Manga Recommendation Thread

mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

General Manga Recommendation Thread

Post  mangalover23 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Alright everyone. As the topic says the is a recommendation thread so please use this thread for manga, manhua, manhwa recommendations. You may give and request recommendations in this thread. This is not the section to request/ suggest what project we should do see request thread

1. When asking for recommendations please try Specifying Likes/ Dislikes and possibly similar Manga to what you are searching for. Please put as much details in.

2. For the people who are going to recommend, if a person asked for similar manga, recommend them a similar manga. No spamming

3. To the people who are recommending, you can use format . This is to prevent any spam and random recommendations. You are free to make alterations with it, switch it around, make it shiny, just make sure that includes all information. (optional)

You can also add an image if you want to, but that is optional.

Title:
    Author/artist if known:
    Genre(s):
    Summary/description:
    Users Reason for Recommendation:

For a alternate example:

Kudos goes to Koiya. Thanks~
    Title: Kiss in the Blue

Author/artist if known: Miyasaka Kaho

Genre(s): Drama, Psychological, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life, Tragedy:

Summary: This is a very dark and angsty work, much more so than Miyasaka's other works. Saeki Chise has no recollection of the summer of three years ago. Whenever she feels as though her memories might be returning, her head begins to ache and Chise stops trying to remember. That's when Tamiya appears before her. He has a familiar face and photographs from the traumatic time that Chise's mind has suppressed. He uses the photos to blackmail her into becoming his woman...but then Chise is saved from Tamiya by Katsuragi Kaoru, the biggest delinquent in class! Chise begins to fall for Kaoru, but his role in this situation is not as innocent as Chise at first believes...

Users Reason for Recommendation: I quite enjoyed the series, it had a very real feel to it. Dark and angsty at times it tells about love, sacrifice, loss, pain, happiness, inner strength and hate. I found myself crying, laughing, shaking my head and gasping as I read.

Last edited by mangalover23 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Re: General Manga Recommendation Thread

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Title: Sky Blade - Sword of the Heavens
    Author/artist if known: Hyun Kang-Suk / Ah Shin
    Genre(s): Manhwa, Comedy, Action, Adventure, Martial Arts
    Summary/description: Well, I cant say much about it, but its a great and funny story so far.
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2801
    Users Reason for Recommendation: It was published in english by ADV Manga, but they ceased to exist and no one took over the rights. Randomscans scanned the published 2 volumes. If you are interested, you can find it here:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:spxq-Zvx9KEJ:randomscans.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/random-scans-sky-blade-v1-v2/
    Worldpress suspended their account, but the megaupload link seems to be working.

I tought I would recommend it to you because you already do a manwha, so maybe you could find a translator for this as well.

takumi168

Post  takumi168 on Sun May 27, 2012 9:39 am

Title: Kimi No Iru Machi
    Alt name: "A Town Where You Live"

Autor/Artist: Seo, Kouji

Genre: Romance

Summary: A boy, Kirishima Haruto, from the country side, falls hard in love with a girl from the city when she comes to visit. He chase after her by moving to Tokyo. (Read on to find out what happens when the goes to Tokyo)

Reason: For all those who like a good romance manga. The art is not very flowery like you see in a shojo manga. (A similar manga to this is called GE - Good Ending. I'll let you research that one Wink)
    EragonLegend
    Admin
    Admin

If you have a boring day and need some laugh, read this!

Post  EragonLegend on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Title: Angel Densetsu

Author/artist if known: YAGI Norihiro/YAGI Norihiro

Genre(s): Action Comedy Martial Arts Romance School Life Shounen

Summary/description: I can almost assure this isn't your typical shounen manga. In fact, the genre of comedy overtakes most of the genres, if you ask me. So there's a kind main character...but with a twist, his face isn't normal, in fact, you can say it's scary. Why? Well you'll know after reading this manga.

Users Reason for Recommendation:
    This manga made me laugh, many times.
    RoyalFred

Post  RoyalFred on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 am

Title: Yotsubato!
    Author/artist if known:Kiyohiko Azuma
    Genre(s): Comedy and Slice of Life
    Summary/description: Yotsuba is a strange little girl with a big personality! Even in the most trivial, unremarkable encounters, Yotsuba’s curiosity and enthusiasm quickly turns the everyday into the extraordinary!

Users Reason for Recommendation: I don't know if any of you had read this manga. It is one of the best manga I have ever read in my entire life. I finished a lot of manga (i lost count of it) and presently reading a lot (maybe 30+) but this manga the best of them all. It does not need any action-packed scenes, ecchi drawings, and complicated plot to appeal to its audience. It will always make your day like this once you read it. To anyone who who do not know this manga, i suggest you read it. It will be an awesome experience.
    nekoinabox

Post  nekoinabox on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Title: Freaks' Squeele

Autor/Artist: Florent Mardoux

Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance

Summary: A trio of misfit superheroes-in-training struggle to survive in a second-rate hero university, all the while being manipulated by a twisted jerkwad headmaster.

Reason: A french post-manga comic that's too good not to bring this side of the Pond. Not exactly manga, but heavily influenced - and with many, many pop references. Funny, touching, and fine art too.
    Caboov

The dark lord baby

Post  Caboov on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 am

Title: Beelzebub

Author: Tamura Ryuuhei

Genres: Action Comedy Martial Arts School Life Shounen Supernatural

Synopsis: This is the story of the young delinquent Tatsumi Oga, a first year at the infamous Ishiyama High, who one day suddenly finds himself the unintentional adoptive parent to the Demon Kings's son himself, Kaiser de Emperana Beelzebub IV (Baby Be'el for short), an adorable little baby boy, habitually naked, who is destined to destroy the world.

Reason: This series has surprised me multiple times on how it can continuously be an action series as well as a comedy series. Most manga that bear these two labels are mainly comedy starting out, then get serious later on; not this one. This series has an open plot with no real aim, but keeps having amazing adventures and arcs that are seriously fun to read. It's no wonder they turned it into an anime, it's just that awesome!
    SuperMangaCherisher

Fatal Chaos

Post  SuperMangaCherisher on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 am

Hi I'm new here but I want to suggest a mangga, written by Ben Wong. This is his work when he was still under Gempak Starz, the name of the mangga is Fatal Chaos. It is not being scanlated yet, and it is not licensed in English. The genre is Action Comedy Drama Martial Arts Mystery School Life Supernatural and Romance.
    Summary:
    This series tells the story about Rex, a teenager who has been expelled 8 times because of his disobedience and discipline problems. One day, he meets Eva, who then suddenly becomes his crush. With his best friend Max, he tries to fit in his new college where he faces a lot of martial arts students, and a secret association, called the Evil Rabbit Gang that are related to his hidden past.

This is one of the famous comic that ever being written by Ben Wong and every comic lovers on Malaysia know this comic book.

Originally I want to suggest Le Gardenie, award winning manga in 2006 in Japan but it is being scanlated by Chocolate Fudge group even though it has been years now since it's last update.

Big eyes I hope that you will consider in scanlating this one. And for extra information, Maid Maiden is also a comic under Gempak starz, and Gempak starz is the name of a magazine that being published by Gala Unggul Resources Sdn Bhd and I already post this in request but as a guest.... bye
    Desani

looking for new read...

Post  Desani on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Hey everyone,
    I'm what one would call a book-a-holic.  I love to read and now I'm looking for more to add to my list of reading material to read.  I'm not looking for Yuri, Yaoi, stores with rape, or detailed abuse.  I have been in the mood for romance, comedy, and fantasy of late(will read almost any subject).  Also anything that has dragon's or other mystical creatures as the good guys is very welcome at this time.  I have read a lot so even if I remember reading it I love to re-read the good ones, so don't worry about saying one I might have read.  It will give me a good excuse to go back to it.  Lately I have been entranced with Rakshasa Street. (thanks LS for staying with that story!!)

Thanks for your time everyone!
    Desani

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 pm