LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

+8
LazyMe
El.lis
Leonne
x4nim3fr34kx
cozen
point7
-Shiro-
mangalover23
12 posters

Suggestions / Feedback

mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Suggestions / Feedback

Post  mangalover23 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Something that you think we can approve upon?

Last edited by mangalover23 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    -Shiro-
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Re: Suggestions / Feedback

Post  -Shiro- Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I got a suggestion. I just noticed that we are already getting some closed threads. Since the symbols aren't so clear, I'd recommend opening another subforum. Something for closed threads where we can move them to.
    Otherwise it gets kinda complicated.

Post  Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:31 am

Can we please have a section in the forum where we could retrieve the raws, post our translations/proofread chapters/QC-ed work?

Post  Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 am

EmoDevo, seconded on this. It would be good to have a place where the people on a single project could collaborate and post their information. Cool
    point7
    point7

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Good idea!

Post  point7 Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Ooohhh...I third the motion. Since the group's expanding, it'll be necessary to do so if people are going on vacation or leaving and someone else substitutes for them.

Plus, I noticed that there are guides for Translating and Cleaning. I was wondering if we can post some for Proofreading. Like rules or script format, stuff like that.
    -Shiro-
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

Post  -Shiro- Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 pm

I think it's a good idea to share RAWs but not on the forum. Rather on a separate server, like ftp(any other will do too but thisi is the easiest to use I guess). It's safer and more convenient for the group. Most groups do it that way as far as I know.
    cozen
    cozen

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Random

Post  cozen Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't think I like my profile at all. Not only does it keep on reminding me just how old I am, but It also keeps telling me I have no friends.

=)

KK

(cozen)
    x4nim3fr34kx
    x4nim3fr34kx

Post  x4nim3fr34kx Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

cozen wrote:I don't think I like my profile at all. Not only does it keep on reminding me just how old I am, but It also keeps telling me I have no friends.

=)

KK

(cozen)

No worries...i have no friends too Razz
    and you shouldn't care about how young you are.....or how old you...o3o
    well, i mean like, your age? and scanlating? it doesn't really matter...
    and Anna is planning on changing the template of the forum so your profile would probably look different so yeah...
    Leonne
    Leonne

Post  Leonne Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:04 pm

to be honest i'd prefer if we do the release one by one rather than make a massive releases on some period time, with distributed release we may stimulate people to visit this web more frequently, we want to make this place become more lively right? Razz
    mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Post  mangalover23 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Leonne wrote:to be honest i'd prefer if we do the release one by one rather than make a massive releases on some period time, with distributed release we may stimulate people to visit this web more frequently, we want to make this place become more lively right? Razz

I don't do mass releases all the time just on holidays and special occasion but you're right it would be nice for people to visit more often. It is kinda dead.
    cozen
    cozen

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Any

Post  cozen Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I think that there may be some weight to the idea of a ongoing release of chapters as suppose to the one massive release of different titles. One, their would not be a delay in releases due to a snag in the process (cleaner out sick with a biohazard illness and needs to be quarentined for his/her computer-Ha! XD). Lively Scans has many differnt genre titles Romance - Action, and so many different people with many different interest would flow in and out at all times. I think that for some groups, they are more specific in their genre titles (midnight scan - smut/shoujo) so people discover more than one of their favorite reads at their website and thus return more often. What we really need to draw in many more patrons is a golden egg. That meaning, one title that becomes a popular and most anticipated for it's release. BUT... on the other side of that coin.... The more chapters that are release together of one title, will get people reading and involved more with the storyline. New title chapters are often forgotten relatively fast compared to a new title with the first three chapters (quite a few groups have done this type of release). The more a title appears in the updated release the more people will become interested in it.
    cozen
    cozen

Suggestions / Feedback Empty One more thing

Post  cozen Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 pm

P.S.- I think that the new Project page is great. That type of display makes it very easy and convient to spot addition titles a person may not be aware of that are released here. I hate to say it but people DO judge a book (in this case manga) by it's cover. I don't know how many times I skipped over Gakuen Alice only to become in love with it thoroughly now.
    Leonne
    Leonne

Post  Leonne Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:54 am

hmm... in my own experience, when a group has a few genre, usually they have more than one project manager. so a project manager has their own squad for any particular genre/manga title (but it's still possible for project manager to ask another staff that he doesn't "owned")

well, since our active staff is still on small number i think it wont be necessary.

i agree with the golden egg idea, like manga-heaven that now focused only on seishun-forget and tenna no s-string. Although the other project kinda stalled, but they managed to make a steady release, and those 2 titles have a lot of fans including me XD

El.lis
    El.lis

Post  El.lis Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Leonne wrote:hmm... in my own experience, when a group has a few genre, usually they have more than one project manager. so a project manager has their own squad for any particular genre/manga title (but it's still possible for project manager to ask another staff that he doesn't "owned")

well, since our active staff is still on small number i think it wont be necessary.

i agree with the golden egg idea, like manga-heaven that now focused only on seishun-forget and tenna no s-string. Although the other project kinda stalled, but they managed to make a steady release, and those 2 titles have a lot of fans including me XD

Ok, so what you're saying is we should focuse only on our most read mangas until they're finished and then return to the stalled ones? I must agree with this. That's what I've been thinking since I joined the group. It's the most effective way.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

[/quote]

Ok, so what you're saying is we should focuse only on our most read mangas until they're finished and then return to the stalled ones? I must agree with this. That's what I've been thinking since I joined the group. It's the most effective way.[/quote]

Hmm...I wonder how should a manga be classified as a not so popular manga...(It is a stupid question, yes, but, ever thought about the few who do actually read those so called not so popular mangas...)
    I am not against this idea but just saying, we should really think it very well before stalling a project. Wink
    El.lis
    El.lis

Post  El.lis Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:15 am

Axaia wrote:

Ok, so what you're saying is we should focuse only on our most read mangas until they're finished and then return to the stalled ones? I must agree with this. That's what I've been thinking since I joined the group. It's the most effective way.[/quote]

Hmm...I wonder how should a manga be classified as a not so popular manga...(It is a stupid question, yes, but, ever thought about the few who do actually read those so called not so popular mangas...)
    I am not against this idea but just saying, we should really think it very well before stalling a project. Wink [/quote]

Yep I thought about them too. But you should know that if we had more people to help we wouldn't have discussed about this in the first place. Smile Now luckily we found a way to release more mangas without making some readers unhappy or angry.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm

El.lis wrote:
    Axaia wrote:

Ok, so what you're saying is we should focuse only on our most read mangas until they're finished and then return to the stalled ones? I must agree with this. That's what I've been thinking since I joined the group. It's the most effective way.

I am not against this idea but just saying, we should really think it very well before stalling a project. Wink [/quote]

Yep I thought about them too. But you should know that if we had more people to help we wouldn't have discussed about this in the first place. Smile Now luckily we found a way to release more mangas without making some readers unhappy or angry.[/quote]

That means we hav more staff now? If so, YAY!
    LazyMe
    LazyMe

Suggestions / Feedback Empty Random

Post  LazyMe Tue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm

uhmm.... can i suggest ? Idea
    can you use mediafire on downloading something ?
    cuz, I'm kinda scared if its 4share... Embarassed
    I'm kinda used on mediafire ^^ ...
    is it okii if you use mediafire ?

but its just a suggest so,..
    its okii if your not going to approve..
    mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Post  mangalover23 Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I am using mediafire at the moment but soon I will have to switch to another filesharing host soon due to mediafire closing soon.
    sensei 12
    sensei 12

Post  sensei 12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:43 am

mangalover23 wrote:I am using mediafire at the moment but soon I will have to switch to another filesharing host soon due to mediafire closing soon.

Wait, what?
    Mediafire is closing? Are you sure? Exclamation
    EragonLegend
    EragonLegend
    Admin
    Admin

Post  EragonLegend Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:23 am

sensei 12 wrote:
    mangalover23 wrote:I am using mediafire at the moment but soon I will have to switch to another filesharing host soon due to mediafire closing soon.

Wait, what?
    Mediafire is closing? Are you sure? Exclamation

Rather than closing, they're in frenzy for deleting the copyrighted material.
    You know like what happened to megaupload.
    -Shiro-
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

Post  -Shiro- Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am

Most sites are going through this phase.
    Just like there was the file deleting and site deleting when Onemanga went down.
    Everybody feels alerted by stuff like that.

That's why I suppose we need instead of an uploading site a some kind of private sharing possibility.
    mangasharing
    mangasharing

Post  mangasharing Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm

I am new to here. I came across http://livelyscans.com/, then found this forum. Is this website yours? Because I saw livelyscans.com was sold recently. It's strange.
    mangalover23
    mangalover23
    Admin
    Admin

Post  mangalover23 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Sold what do u mean the website is still up
    mangasharing
    mangasharing

Post  mangasharing Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 pm

https://flippa.com/2802994-no-reserve-pr1-community-website-70-month

You can see this in detail. Then you delete this link.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am