so are you a fighting junky?
MY personal favs in this genre are:
1.The Holy Land, i love the authors in depth analysis not only of the fighting techniques and how they mesh, but also his psychological analysis of the characters as well. the actual drawing style isn't amazing, but it's still quite an enjoyable story.
2. The Breaker/ TBNW, in terms of classic style freakin awesome action manwha this baby sets precedent. The fighting is epic, it's filled with twisted social and political issues of a ruled by physical power and corruption (murim) and the fighting... just freakin awesome.
3. Shamo, This baby is twisted as hell. I put this warning here and up front. MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. this story deals with rape, murder, loneliness and a shot of other social issues in japan. It's bleak and terrible and the main character is a monster. However, the author somehow still manages to get you to feel sympathetic towards the main character even after all the atrocious actions he commits.
4. The God of High School, Another great manwha webcomic. There are times when the characters perspectives seem a leeetle funky, but generally it looks great, it's full color and action packed. It hasn't really been running long enough for me to say if it's going to be as good as the breaker, but lets jsut say i've got pretty high hopes
5. Vagabond, This one should honestly be higher. It's about miyamoto musashi one of the greatest samurai in the history of the world, and the story is freakin amazing, stylistically, it's actually my favorite manga. the fighting in it is amazing, the psychological aspects of this one are pretty cool to. however, the manga has been put on haitus, and there is a high likelihood that it's never going to be completed. this the low spot on the list.
6.All Rounder Meguru, This is an MMA all time great i think. The story center around two boys, one represents the "light," happy, innocent, not really into the sports, kinda just cruisin through life, while the other represents "dark" revenge motives, intense need to fight, focused, harsh. The style is ultra clean, there are hilarious characters (the female coach especially), and the fighting analysis is pretty good too.
7. Angel Densetsu, this is an ultra classic. the main character is badass jude who looks like he can kick yur ass, but is really just a peace loving sweetheart on the inside. it's got romance and high school hormones all over it and is jsut hilarious and fun.
8. Teppu, It's all about girls MMA, the reason i like it is cause girls aren't drawn as sex symbols and instead do some ass whipping lolz... The main character is also rather fascinating, and i'm hoping that it doesn't get dropped and ends up getting fully scanalated.
9.Green boy I'm very hesitant to include this one since it's about boxing, and boxing is technically a sport, but i also feel like in terms of a sport, the people fighting are still putting their lives on the line. Anyway, green boy sweet, pretty colors like most manwha web comics. drawing is clean, colors are vibrant, and while the story and the characters aren't usual, it's just a lot of fun.
10.RRR, another boxing one, I love this one, and even though it doesn't seem to be centered around the fighting or techniques (there aren't really enough chapters to tell yet), it's still amazing. The story centers around why people choose to box, the physical and mental struggles of boxers, and ultimately what it take to be a warrior in the end.