LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

~Welcome to LiVelY sCaNs. We hope you enjoy your visit.~

we currently switched forums to forum.livelyscans.com

LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LiVelY sCaNs Forum

Welcome to Lively scans forums, please enjoy your stay /Admin

We currently switched our forum to forum.livelyscans.com

5 posters

What is you're favorite martial arts manga??

What is you're favorite martial arts manga?? Empty What is you're favorite martial arts manga??

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 pm

taking shiro's advice i figured i'd go ahead and make this an actual thread lol xD
    so are you a fighting junky?
    MY personal favs in this genre are:
    1.The Holy Land, i love the authors in depth analysis not only of the fighting techniques and how they mesh, but also his psychological analysis of the characters as well. the actual drawing style isn't amazing, but it's still quite an enjoyable story.
    2. The Breaker/ TBNW, in terms of classic style freakin awesome action manwha this baby sets precedent. The fighting is epic, it's filled with twisted social and political issues of a ruled by physical power and corruption (murim) and the fighting... just freakin awesome.
    3. Shamo, This baby is twisted as hell. I put this warning here and up front. MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. this story deals with rape, murder, loneliness and a shot of other social issues in japan. It's bleak and terrible and the main character is a monster. However, the author somehow still manages to get you to feel sympathetic towards the main character even after all the atrocious actions he commits.
    4. The God of High School, Another great manwha webcomic. There are times when the characters perspectives seem a leeetle funky, but generally it looks great, it's full color and action packed. It hasn't really been running long enough for me to say if it's going to be as good as the breaker, but lets jsut say i've got pretty high hopes Wink
    5. Vagabond, This one should honestly be higher. It's about miyamoto musashi one of the greatest samurai in the history of the world, and the story is freakin amazing, stylistically, it's actually my favorite manga. the fighting in it is amazing, the psychological aspects of this one are pretty cool to. however, the manga has been put on haitus, and there is a high likelihood that it's never going to be completed. this the low spot on the list.
    6.All Rounder Meguru, This is an MMA all time great i think. The story center around two boys, one represents the "light," happy, innocent, not really into the sports, kinda just cruisin through life, while the other represents "dark" revenge motives, intense need to fight, focused, harsh. The style is ultra clean, there are hilarious characters (the female coach especially), and the fighting analysis is pretty good too.
    7. Angel Densetsu, this is an ultra classic. the main character is badass jude who looks like he can kick yur ass, but is really just a peace loving sweetheart on the inside. it's got romance and high school hormones all over it and is jsut hilarious and fun.
    8. Teppu, It's all about girls MMA, the reason i like it is cause girls aren't drawn as sex symbols and instead do some ass whipping lolz... The main character is also rather fascinating, and i'm hoping that it doesn't get dropped and ends up getting fully scanalated.
    9.Green boy I'm very hesitant to include this one since it's about boxing, and boxing is technically a sport, but i also feel like in terms of a sport, the people fighting are still putting their lives on the line. Anyway, green boy sweet, pretty colors like most manwha web comics. drawing is clean, colors are vibrant, and while the story and the characters aren't usual, it's just a lot of fun.
    10.RRR, another boxing one, I love this one, and even though it doesn't seem to be centered around the fighting or techniques (there aren't really enough chapters to tell yet), it's still amazing. The story centers around why people choose to box, the physical and mental struggles of boxers, and ultimately what it take to be a warrior in the end.

What is you're favorite martial arts manga?? Empty Runners up and some choices i purposely didn't include

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm sure some of you who are really into the fighting manga seen are like "whaaaat? angel densetsu? really?" or like "why the F did u include boxing mangas?" honestly there probably some better choices, Gekiryuuchi comes to mind, it's a lot like holy land except with better drawings. but hey those ten are the ones that came to mind right off the bat. Also Change guy deserves a mention. the idea is freakin awesome, the fighting is good, there is some great comedy, and there's romance, i'd put it next to AD cause it's also highschool drama.
    Baki: i hate this one. muscles are gross, the drawing style is definitely complete, and it just pisses me off how completely muscledd every one is. or how wrinkly the old people are, and how people can recover back all of their strength even after they've practically had muscled ripped off of them. Basically it's like dragonball to me except without the screaming, and the characters are uglier...
    Hajime no Ippo: i'm sure some of you will be pissed that i included some boxing stories, but not this one. Honestly though this is one of those trash boxing mangas in my opinion. The fighting is way over dramatized, and the fighting where he hits the exact place over and over again on the body is way of dramatized. (it should be pretty much impossible on a pro who is on the same level as you) however, it is funny and the fighting can be full volumes long which is always fun. Personally though it doesn't make top ten cause it pretends to be realistic, but is just way over the top.
    Founder
    Founder
    Admin
    Admin

What is you're favorite martial arts manga?? Empty Re: What is you're favorite martial arts manga??

Post  Founder Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 pm

cappinjester wrote:I'm sure some of you who are really into the fighting manga seen are like "whaaaat? angel densetsu? really?" or like "why the F did u include boxing mangas?" honestly there probably some better choices, Gekiryuuchi comes to mind, it's a lot like holy land except with better drawings. but hey those ten are the ones that came to mind right off the bat. Also Change guy deserves a mention. the idea is freakin awesome, the fighting is good, there is some great comedy, and there's romance, i'd put it next to AD cause it's also highschool drama.
    Baki: i hate this one. muscles are gross, the drawing style is definitely complete, and it just pisses me off how completely muscledd every one is. or how wrinkly the old people are, and how people can recover back all of their strength even after they've practically had muscled ripped off of them. Basically it's like dragonball to me except without the screaming, and the characters are uglier...
    Hajime no Ippo: i'm sure some of you will be pissed that i included some boxing stories, but not this one. Honestly though this is one of those trash boxing mangas in my opinion. The fighting is way over dramatized, and the fighting where he hits the exact place over and over again on the body is way of dramatized. (it should be pretty much impossible on a pro who is on the same level as you) however, it is funny and the fighting can be full volumes long which is always fun. Personally though it doesn't make top ten cause it pretends to be realistic, but is just way over the top.

I've read all of the ones you posted..except Teppu...

I'd like to add some...uh... Well Veritas was awesome, sad that they didn't continue with it though Sad...

The Breaker & the second book: The Breaker:New Waves are awesome...

Kongou Banchou or something is also nice...what more...hmmm...

damnit...can't come up with any more Razz...anyways, those are the ones i just remembered XD...so myeah..

i luv fighting mangas...Oh oh oh.. btw if your into that, go to the series suggestions and check out

"Clover", "Drop" & "ReMember(KING Gonta".... i do not know what your job is in the group, but

seems to me like we are 2 people that think alike, so just check those out Very Happy

//Red

What is you're favorite martial arts manga?? Empty Re: What is you're favorite martial arts manga??

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:40 pm

yea veritas definitely deserve to be up there, the only problem i had with it was that it focused a lot on the intrigue within the school rather then the main character, who i thought should have been the center of attention :/ yea but the fighting was super epic, T_T i miss lightning tiger :/
    Founder
    Founder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Founder Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 pm

cappinjester wrote:yea veritas definitely deserve to be up there, the only problem i had with it was that it focused a lot on the intrigue within the school rather then the main character, who i thought should have been the center of attention :/ yea but the fighting was super epic, T_T i miss lightning tiger :/

myeah...i heard the second book was supposed to be like... when Rud and everyone are counterattacking or something...

BTW Annex sent you a message...check your messages! Very Happy
    -Shiro-
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

Post  -Shiro- Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Smile
    I know pretty much all the manga named until now but my favorites weren't named yet^^

I am a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin. The entire story fascinated me. Actually, I found it by chance. Saw a picture of an anime guy with a cross-shaped scar on the cheek. I dunno why but I kept the picture. Someday, I was so curious that I googled who he was and found the Samurai X movie. I later figured that there's a manga and was totally hyped^^ I read through all of it and bought some volumes to show my appreciation to Watsuki Nobuhiro, the mangaka.

I also especially enjoyed Gamaran.
    Founder
    Founder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Founder Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 pm

-Shiro- wrote:Smile
    I know pretty much all the manga named until now but my favorites weren't named yet^^

I am a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin. The entire story fascinated me. Actually, I found it by chance. Saw a picture of an anime guy with a cross-shaped scar on the cheek. I dunno why but I kept the picture. Someday, I was so curious that I googled who he was and found the Samurai X movie. I later figured that there's a manga and was totally hyped^^ I read through all of it and bought some volumes to show my appreciation to Watsuki Nobuhiro, the mangaka.

I also especially enjoyed Gamaran.

Oooooh Gamaran was awesome!...and i started reading Rurouni Kenshin...but i never could finish it..dunno why... gonna re-read it now,
    thanks for making me remember about it!...

OH BTW, here are some more...

"Fist of The North Star" LOOOVE IIIT... its around well...im not exactly sure...but 300 chapters? i've re-read that manga at least
    5 times...thinking about reading it again!...

"Souten no Ken"(Fist of the blue sky)... Also aweosme...its like... a second book of Fist of the north star..but its about a totally different character
    but who uses the same Martial Art...

Theres also one more... whats it calle.d..gonna look it up...

Cyber Blue...

yupp thats what it's called.. its awesome!!!...

all three mangas were drawn by Hara Tetsuo

LOVED THEM ALL!!!!...

Fist of the north star is completed, Souten no ken is ongoing and Cyber Blue was dropped by the author...well completed..but..myeah...

-Shiro-
    -Shiro-
    Admin
    Admin

Post  -Shiro- Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 pm

I also enjoyed Full Contact. It focuses more on the comedy part than on the martial arts but that's why the drawings fit the manga. It's not as rough as for example Veritas.
    El.lis
    El.lis

Post  El.lis Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I've always loved Tenjou Tenge. Whatever you'd say this is my all-time fav, martial arts manga. Another one which I'm obsessed about. The anime version was pretty disappointing... Some mangas are better left like that if you can't come up with something much more breathtaking.
    jasad
    jasad

Post  jasad Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am

for me is History of the Strongest Disciple Kenichi..
    is a great fighting manga..
    Kiyiya
    Kiyiya

Post  Kiyiya Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 pm

holyland, it's awesome. and veritas is pretty cool as well. hoping for a 2nd season... i want that second season~ WAH

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm